From:
Ann Sokolowski <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ann Sokolowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Apr 2007 15:13:02 -0500

My pharmacist just called---he attended two conferences this weekend which had to do with diabestes and celiac and which was given by two md's

All diabetics and celiacs should take Omega 3 supplements in the amt of 1,000mg.  The reason is that both cause inflamation in body which can cause heart problems.  You can get a script for omega 3 but you can just get it over the counter. It is suggested that you take one with each meal until you get used to "the tuna taste in your mouth"..and take it from there;

It was also suggested that we take capsules of ALOE VERA to combat inflamation. No amt was given.

He also said that nph is going to be phased out and replaced by Lantis.  Lantis, which does not peak, shoud be taken IN THE MORNING and followed up by R as needed during the day.

Quite a lot of info!!!