Date:
Mon, 8 Feb 1999 18:40:21 -0800

In regard to the question I asked about wheat in fortune cookies, every
respondent insisted they were made with wheat flour. The best answer I
received was:

". . . wishful thinking--not only are they not chinese, they are definitely
made from wheat in all its glory!  You can make your own with any rolled
cookie recipe.  Roll out thin and when just out of the oven, press into
fortune cookie shape and place your own fortunes inside.  I learned to
do this years ago in a Chinese cooking course at the China Institute in NYC."
Ann

Thank you to all who responded. I am completely satisfied that I'll never
be tempted to try one :) -vance