From:
Peggy White <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 17 Feb 2003 17:12:21 EST

Thank you for all your kind responses.

(just the soft serve), 2suggested some sort of cross-contamination, but most
said it was gf.  Someone suggested I was having a response to dairy.

7 Aciphex answers:  there are 2 manufacturers of Aciphex;  if it's
manufactured by Janssen, it's gf;  I have a generic;  prevacid is gf;
aciphex is a generic of prilosed;  nexium is now gf.
Someone wrote:
If it doesn't say aciphex, I suspect it's generic.  There is a little box at
the bottom of a prescription pad, have your doctor write "daw" in it,
always.
It means "dispense as written" aka no generics, please.  Just so you know,
prevacid (in the same class as prilosec and nexium -- a proton pump
inhibiter)
is GF in the brand name form.

I'm still a little confused about the medication, but I will educate myself.
I do believe I may have been ingesting too much dairy, and the DQ put me over
the edge?  I ate some Breyers all natural ice cream last night, and woke up
with another bad bellyache.  Now I'll have to decide if I can/will eliminate
all dairy?!!  Hopefully, it's just a problem with ice cream, which I have not
been eating until recently.

I have continued taking the aciphex, and am fine with it.

It's just a continual learning experience!!!!  Thanks again, Peggy in NH