From:
Wendy Burr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Mar 2002 11:22:58 -0800

I just saw a recipe for Fried Rice in the food section of the newspaper
and it calls for Rice Wine Vinegar.  I purchase NAKANO Rice Vinegar ( I
could not find Rice Wine Vinegar).  The ingredients in the Rice Vinegar
are as follows:

Rice Vinegar, Water, Diluted With Water To 4.2 Acidity (42 Grain).  Does
anyone know what the term 42 Grain means?  Is it safe to use?  Can this
be used in place of Rice Wine Vinegar in recipes?

Wendy Burr - Lake County Illinois