From:
Donna Hudson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jun 2002 08:47:58 -0500

I am a massage therapist with celiac disease, so I am always interested
in anything I find that might be related.  (For example, it is my theory
that celiac is involved in at least half of all FMS cases.  NOT ALL by
anymeans though.)  I have had 2 male clients that had had surgery as
infants for projectile vomiting.  In one case, his father had had the
same surgery, on the other a brother had had it.  There is definitely an
inherited tendency, and boys have it 5X more often than girls.  One of
these guys is very small, the other is not very big either, so I wonder
about celiac.  So here are my questions:

Do any of you have a family history of projectile vomiting in infants?
Did any change of formula reduce or eliminate the problem?

Did any infants in your family actually have surgery for the condition?

Thanks, I'll summarize and also give my theory on the problem, though
your responses may force me to change it.  Donna H