From:
Robin and Clare Scheffer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Dec 2001 10:23:45 -0800

I've received many varying responses in answer to my original question
if Trail's End Popcorn is gluten free.  The only thing I found out for
sure was that their Microwave Popcorn was gluten free.   I also never
received an answer to my query at their website.  When we picked up our
order (of microwave popcorn), the Trail's End phone number was on the
box (800-828-5211, 8:30am-3:30pmEST).  I called the number and asked if
any of the Trail's End popcorn contained "Wheat, Rye, Oats, Barley"
(because I've heard too many sales reps confusing gluten with glucose, I
didn't even bother with the word gluten).  The woman said there is NO
Wheat, rye, oats or barley in any of their Trail's End popcorn --
continuing with, "so our popcorn is completely gluten free"!!!

Finally, there's our answer: we can safely eat Trail's end popcorn!

Clare
Arlington, WA