From:
Pamela A O'Keefe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Aug 2001 12:14:11 -0500

There are people out there who can relate to the migraines and scalp itch
after gluten ingestion.  Only one or two people also were getting cold
sores (and they are cold sores, not canker sores).

And, a plea for understanding-- it's not terribly helpful to me to have
others jump all over me for ingesting gluten when ACCORDING TO THE U OF
MARYLAND'S BLOOD TEST I don't have celiac.  After this, I still won't
necessarily say that I have celiac, but I do know that I react to certain
foods.

Someone asked if the egg roll was good enough to die for.  Well, I look
at it this way-- if I knew that eating an egg roll would instantly kill
me, I wouldn't eat one.  But, I have every intention of dying at some
point in time -- I personally am not going to belabor one (very
delicious) egg roll.  I'm going to file away the information and
experience I've gathered and use it for future reference.

Someone else insisted that if I carry one of the genetic markers for
celiac that I MUST have celiac.  The info. I got from U of Maryland
contradicts that.  If anyone has further info. in this re. I'd love to
see it posted to the list.

Later,
Pam