From:
"Diane M. Craig" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Dec 1997 16:19:41 -0800

Hi Anita and everyone--Great post, and great replies!  One additional
thought:  I've concluded that many doctors consider celiacs a sickly
bunch.  Have they ever considered that their "80%" attitude is probably
the biggest factor contributing to their patients' sickliness?
"Fanatical" celiacs rarely see doctors because they are healthy and feel
great....  Perhaps doctors would better understand us if we said it this
way:  If you somehow got arsenic in your diet but eliminated 80% of it,
would you be happy/healthy?