From:
"Robert F. Eyerman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Oct 1998 19:57:21 -0400

Dear Listmembers,  I found a new cereal in my health food store.  It is
Erewhon Rice Twice and it has a gluten free sticker on the front of the
package.  The ingredients are: organic brown rice, brown rice syrup, honey,
sea salt.   I want to warn everyone that Arrowhead Mills corn puffs, ball
shaped corn cereal, are not GF. I called and the rep. said that they
weren't so I returned them.  It just proves that we can't go by what's on
the label sometimes, as all that was in the ingredient list is corn.  Also,
be wary of the clerks in the stores, as they often are not knowledgeable
about gluten.  I asked one of the clerks in my health food store which soy
and rice drinks are GF and she said all of them.  Well, there was Rice
Dream right there and there was a big discussion about that complete with a
letter from the company stating that it's not GF, so beware.  They also
tried to sell me frozen Rice Dream once.  Also, will the person who is
compiling a list of GF products by bar code please post me again.  I am
grateful for this list and my food guides.  Karen from Central NY, USA