From:
Ian Wahl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Aug 1998 00:09:08 -0500

Dear Listmembers,

It's been quite awhile since writing due to a very hectic Spring and
Summer, but I felt compelled to "jump back in the saddle" before heading
off to my new job at my daughter's school.

We attended our first CSA picnic the other day which was such a wonderful
experience for both my husband and I as well as the first time our celiac
daughter came face to face with other kids just like her.  It should have
been a week long convention so that each person could talk to every other
person.  There was so much to do, say and help with and so little time!  We
really need each other so much.  I met one family who had two out of three
children who were celiac.  As we spoke, they realized that their daughter
was still consuming a lot of hidden gluten and was not healing.  Hopefully,
they can solve the mystery and get her healed.

Anyway, the rest of our family is going for genetic testing to see if any
of us have the markers for Celiac.  It should be very interesting.

I read the post about Heinz Chili Sauce and was wondering about Bennett's
Chili Sauce which is a secret ingredient of mine but has been taboo since
going GF.  I have attempted to make my own from Carol Fenster's recipe,
which is quite good, but just not the same.  If anyone knows if it is GF,
please let me know.

I hope everyone had a healthy and great summer and I look forward to
exchanging more recipes as we approach the holiday season!

Good health!

Warmly, Bev Wahl in Buffalo Grove, IL