Date:
Mon, 2 Mar 1998 16:03:20 -0400

Greetings to all
I want to convey a quick thanks to everyone on the list--I've learned a
huge amount through the list, and have been much more able to cope with
my celiac diagnosis and the subsequent changes to my life.  It was a
shock, even though I grew up with my mother being a celiac.  As I come
up on my 1 year anniversary of being GF, I'm thinking about my next big
challenge.

I'm thinking about trying to plan for my own (very small) wedding this
Spring/early Summer.  I realize that I'm flying in the face of Martha
Stewart and the rest with not leaving much time to plan--but this isn't
going to be a huge production.  The question is:  How much success have
people had with caterers for GF events (weddings/parties etc.) In
particular, can anyone suggest someone for the DC/Northern Virginia
area?  I'm not too worried about the general menu-- I can work through
that--I'm a bit worried about a "traditional" wedding cake.....  I'm
tempted to just try and work through this by doing all the cooking
myself--but I would like to be able to enjoy myself as well!  Please
e-mail me privately and I'll post back to the list as appropriate.  Many
thanks for the suggestions.

Lisa Symons
Falls Church, Virgina