From:
Kristin Breen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kristin Breen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Apr 2005 15:28:02 -0500

Hi all. I was diagnosed with celiac last April (blood tests and biopsy
confirmed). I have continued to have health problems and finally went ahead
and did the food intolerance test through York Labs. I just got the results
back today and they are not what I wanted! I actually have two questions
related to the results:

1) I seem to recall there was some talk about this test and how it dealt
with gluten and celiac, but I couldn't find it on the archives and I can't
remember what the comments were. My results came back as not reacting to
gluten, barley or rye (wheat was on my list of foods to avoid). How does
that work? Is it a different type of test? Because I've eliminated gluten?
(But I've obviously also eliminated wheat). I'm just a little confused
about these results.

2) My second question is about all the foods I am supposed to eliminate --
corn, eggs, rice, dairy, millet, soy yeast, kidney and navy beans, plus
some other minor ones. I'm a little overwhelmed at the prospect of
eliminating all these foods. So, I was hoping that other people out there
with similar restrictions could offer me some advice on alternative foods,
besides the obvious meat, fruit and veggies. I'm feeling very hungry and
can't afford to lose any more weight. I'd especially love some breakfast
suggestions. Fruit just isn't enough for me. Thank you in advance.

I will post a summary of any info I get.

Kristin, Virginia