From:
norbert1 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Sep 1999 19:53:42 -0500

Der Listmembers,

I need your help....again.  I have been getting magnesium sulfate i.v.'s
(through a port) for the last 6 months.  My level was normal for about 3
weeks, then crashed again.  Three infusions (1 gm) per week aren't get
the job done.  My endocrinologist calls it "hungry bone syndrome", but
he felt that once the magnesium level returned to normal it would stay
there.  Oral magnesium does not seem to have any effect -I have tried
varius forms with no luck.  I am open to any and all suggestions  - as
is my doctor.

Thanks,

Rose Mary in W. Ky.