From:
Lorraine Tappen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lorraine Tappen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Dec 2005 06:00:28 -0800

Summary #4

After my blood test I went gluten free 5 weeks before meeting with a

gastroenterologist.  I ate my favorites for the last time, graham

crackers, chocolate pudding, and peanut butter sandwiches for 1 and one

half days.  The biopsy came out positive.  I knew that this was the

answer to the "problem" anyway.

  My husband had been strictly gf at home for six years (for our son), but did eat toast each day with breakfast out. His Prometheus laboratory gene test came back positive, antibodies negative; when he quit the toast, his skin problems cleared up (and I felt his mood improved measurably). He fell back off the wagon (that happens when you don't have a definitive diagnosis), and has skin and mood issues again (not to mention some digestive issues as well)...
So, was the toast not enough to trigger the antibodies even though he was reacting? Then again, he is a bit of a special case in that he does have Crohn's and as a result lost the first foot of his small intestine (where you normally find Celiac) - no one was able to answer my question regarding the effect of that on the tests.