From:
Janet Lowery <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Janet Lowery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 13:31:18 -0500

I received bread samples from Cybros Inc. for our Nashville Celiac Support
Group meeting tomorrow, and did a preliminary taste test that I just had to
share with you. Cybros sent 100% Rice rolls, Tapioca Almond rolls, and Mock
Rye rolls,  all are about 3" in diameter, with a slightly crusty surface.
The perfect size sandwich for my 5 year old with Celiac. The Mock Rye with
caraway seeds was by far my favorite, tasting so much like Rye bread I was
ready to run to the store to get corned beef and sauerkraut to make a reuben
sandwich. And I liked the Tapioca Almond over the 100% rice because it had
more flavor and wasn't as crumbly. I would rate these a 9 on a scale of 10.
They also make gluten free bread and cookies.

I was concerned when I saw on the order form that the company also makes
wheat bread. I called the company and was told that they keep the gluten
free flours in a separate room, use separate pans and bake the gluten free
breads before the wheat breads. He said they have been doing it this way
since 1984 and have had no complaints about gluten contamination. They bake
on Sundays and Mondays.

Cybros is in Waukesha WI and their number is 800-876-BAKE (2253). Their
website is www.cybrosinc.com.