Date:
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 18:42:15 -0400

My 13 year old daughter had an endoscopy for reflux.  Biopsy returned
"mild focal active duodenitis with mild surface intraepithelial
lymphocytosis. Celiac disease cannot be completely excluded.  Followed
with blood work - Immunoglobulin A(IgA) Serum  45 (low)
Tissue Transglutaminase IgA Ab tTG IgA Ab   85 (high)
Was told bloodwork was positive for celiac.

She is scheduled for another biopsy next week; however, she has been
having joint pain, fevers, mouth ulcers, among other things.  Her recent
blood work is:

Endomysial IGA AB (TTG) - 3.42 which is now NEGATIVE 4 months later!

Do I assume she does NOT have celiac?  Do I still make her go through
another endoscopy?

Other problems in her bloodwork:
ANA strongly positive 1:1280
other lupus & auto immunte tests negative (antiDNA, etc)
C Reactive Protein positive  1.7
Sed Rate normal
Liver Enzymes elevated
AST 65
ALT 99
Lympocytes high 65

She is seeing a pediatric gastroenterologist and a pediatric
rheumatologist who are both stumped.  I am in desperate need of advice
and direction.