Date:
Mon, 9 Oct 2000 09:01:20 -0700

Hello, I commend Dr. David Nelson on his restauant efforts!  Recently,
our Phoenix support group has begun visiting restaurants in the area and
doing a thorough GF screening with the food manager/chef on all menus
items.  We ask the restaurant to agree to letting us create a GF version
of their menu,  One of our members has been kind enough to type up and
laminate this GF version, which is returned to the restaurant and is
available to customers upon request.

        We have had 2 restaurants cooperate with us, so far.  We have an
appointment to meet with a third next week.  Some of these restaurants
have more than one location, who also agree to keep a menu on hand.  Our
goal is to make restaurant dining easier for Celiacs living or visiting
the Phoenix area.  Naturally, ingredients change and all in life isn't
perfect, so the GF menus come with a disclaimer that  the final decision
of whether or not to something is GF "safe" is always left up to the
individual.   BUT...if having a GF menu at restaurants helps to make our
lives a little easer and more enjoyable - then wonderful!

Nina Spitzer
co-cordinator
Celiac Support of Phoenix

        Nina :) & Charlie :-)