From:
MJ Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
MJ Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Feb 2008 21:20:46 -0500

Original question: Does anyone have experience with making GF pasta?  And,
if so, what recipe do/did you use and do/did you use a machine to cut the
pasta?

These are the responses I received along with several others requesting a
summary:

"Someone did recommend Orgran pasta flour to me
(available from Amazon.com) although I haven't been able to try it yet
myself."

"I've tried several pasta recipes and my favorite is the regular pasta in
Bette Hagman's Gluten Free Gourmet- Revised.  I tried her bean pasta and
did not like it. I also tried a recipe from J Mallorca's Wheat Free
cookbook and couldn't get the texture right.  I bought a small hand
cranked Atlas pasta machine and tried several times to use it, but I
couldn't get the  pasta to come through it smoothly.  I've found it
easiest to roll the pasta out by hand.  I regularly make gf ravioli for
our family. For that, I bought an inexpensive ravioli tray, and the
ravioli look very nice and taste delicious."

"I use the pasta recipe in Bette Hagman's first book. Even though I bought
a  pasta machine and a motor to go with it, they've never been out of the
box.  I find that the dough rolls out beautifully on a flat surface and I
slice  the dough, as I need it."

"_http://forums.delphiforums.com/celiac/start_
(http://forums.delphiforums.com/celiac/start)
Once there, go to my recipe collection.  It is under:   Pasta Dishes Beef
& Spinach Ravioli:
_http://forums.delphiforums.com/celiac/messages?msg=14862.2_
(http://forums.delphiforums.com/celiac/messages?msg=14862.2)

The same pasta recipe goes for any pasta shape.  The  dough is very easy
to  manipulate too."

Thanks for the responses.

MJ

--
 MJ Thomas
 In the beautiful Finger Lakes Wine Country of New York State!