Date:
Sun, 25 Jan 2009 17:16:03 -0600

I have about 5 months ago been diagnosed with Celiac and so has my mom
and aunt. We are doing well! I found out what was going on with us by
trying to figure out why my youngest son who is now 15 and has type
one diabetes, Down Syndrome and Thyroid disease has loose (watery)
diarrhea. He does NOT make many trips a day to the bathroom but when
he does need to go he looks bloated and it is very watery. The mystery
is is that he has been tested for Celiac numerous times both with
blood tests and biopsies. He has always been negative. We went further
to see if he had the DNA for the possibility of having Celiac and he
does. I know that Celiac has to be Triggered for it to cause problems.
Even though everything was negative we put him on the Gluten free diet
for the last 4 months. So far no change at all. I was soooo hoping it
would help. Does anyone have any other suggestions on what we can do?
The doctors have run out of ideas as we have tested him for everything
we can think of. This has been going on for about 5 years. He takes
Cholestyramine now so he can control any accidents. Should I still
keep him on the diet?? The plan so far is to keep doing it a while yet
and see. I have also just started giving him some good probiotics and
Omega 7 at the urging of my local health store.
Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks to all!