From:
Claire Lazebnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 20:11:49 EST

I'm mostly writing in just to say THANK YOU to all the incredibly kind people
who wrote me with words of support and anecdotes of their own about kids
being unable to eat food at school parties.  Some suggestions were to make
sure all the parents in the class know about his special eating needs or even
to talk to the head of the school if no one else is being helpful.  Mostly,
though, everyone just wanted to say we're not alone out there which was all I
really needed.  It's nice to be listened to!  You're all very kind.

Re: Outback.  People were very surprised to hear we'd been told the Thunder
from Down Under had flour in it.  Some thought the chef erred (maybe he meant
a GF flour?) and some wondered if the waitress even asked him.  Several
people said we should have spoken to the manager which we actually had done
earlier in the evening, but he had no idea what GF meant and didn't seem to
want to learn.  I do think that going there during the busiest time (Saturday
night) probably wasn't the best way to get anyone's attention.  A few people
said I should e-mail Outback about it, and one person went ahead and
forwarded my letter to the woman who had reviewed the GF menu for them in the
first place, and she's kindly looking into it.  Thank you all so much for
your help and I don't by any means want to deter anyone from going there.  We
love Outback.

Happy holidays!

Claire L.