Date:
Tue, 14 Nov 2000 14:11:26 -0500

Recently, at a restaurant that we frequent often, we asked about any
other ingredients in the coleslaw, since the Miracle Whip they use is
now GF. The waiter kindly wrote down the name of the other ingredient
(KRAFT COLESLAW) which came in a one gallon jug. I called Kraft about 2
weeks ago, and a woman named Beth said she would look up it's GF status
and call me back (which she never did). Today, I called back and got a
MAJOR run-around ("we can tell you retail gluten free products", "you
might want to assume it's got gluten, without answering which component
would have it" "read the package" (if I knew that the "vinegar and
mustard flour" ingredients were GF, I wouldn't call! esp. the mustard,
is it ground so fine as to make a flour or does it have wheat added??) I
specified it was for consumer use on a restricted diet (and by eating
wholesale products out, they then become consumer products), but she
just kept repeating the same old mantra. I am now going to write to the
president of Kraft foods. If anyone else would like to complain about
the service in finding out GF ingredients the address is:

Betsy Holden
1 Kraft Court.
Glenview, IL 60025

Susan