From:
Ron Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ron Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Oct 2005 11:09:20 -0400

I need to have a cat scan and they want to know if they can use the
iodine (this follows a thyroid history).  I had told them I wondered if
my DH was triggered 7 years ago after taking the radioactive iodine
capsules (including megadose) for followup tests after my thyroid was
removed.  My thinking is that I don't need to fear it now because I
will always have celiac anyway, and I don't need to fear getting the DH
blisters back since I'm still gluten free (also, I still ingest the
necessary iodine in my multivitamin).  If they don't do this, I'll have
to wait for insurance authorization of a PET scan etc.  None of the
doctors including radiologists here seems to know anything about this.
Any of you have specific knowledge or history that would be useful for
them?
Thanks!  -- Ron