Date:
Mon, 5 Jul 1999 10:07:43 -0700

I got interested in NAET from all the testimonials on the list, so I phoned
a practitioner of it. We had a long talk. I apparently had the wrong idea
about the process. I had been under the impression that some were cured
with a single visit, and one return ten days later. This practitioner of
thirty years told me that would definitely not be NAET. This process
demands about a year of continuing treatments to "bring the body into total
harmony." It starts with a testing process where they test you for
sensitivities to many substances. They use the "arm" test (called
kinesiology). They have you hold a substance under the tongue (in her case)
then test the strength of a strong muscle, like the arm. In short they have
you put something under you tongue, then push down on your arm, operating
under the theory that these substances should make you stronger if you are
in harmony. But if they make you weaker (it takes less strength on their
part to push your arm down) then you must be sensitive to it. The lady
seemed to be very sincere and straight forward about eveything.

So, the object is to put "the body in harmony with itself" over a year or
more, and thus eradicate any problems of any kind. I decided this didn't
sound like something I would personally be interested in. -vance