From:
Niko Antalffy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 May 2000 22:06:50 +1000

Hi everyone,

I'm travelling to Austria for a conference in September and I'm really
nervous about my eating options there. Apart from the gluten problem I
have lactose intolerance and am a vegetarian (recently taken up fish
though for my arthritis). Is this really a deadly combination for my
eating chances there? I'm just at the point of booking an accomodation
in Vienna (conference venue is right in the centre of town at the Dr.
Karl Lueger Ring1 if that says anything to some of you), should I try
and cook for myself there, what suggestions do you have for eating out?
What should I be careful of? Are there any gf-friendly health-food
stores, or should I head for the market, or should I take everything
with me?

I'm sure someone has asked a similar question about travelling to
Austria before, so sorry for the repeat... I'd happily receive copies of
past responses if you have any too (I'm afraid I'm not very competent in
searching the archives...).

Thanks for all answers!

cheers,
Niko