From:
April Hutchinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 May 2001 10:16:41 -0400

Hi All,

This is my first posting on this list, and I am very nervous about it.

I need help.  I went gluten-free in September of 2000.  Very quickly my
symptoms improved.  I felt great for the first time in years, eating was
a joy, etc....but after about 6 months I began having diarrea about 3
times per day.  At that point I was 3 1/2 months pregnant.  (I noticed
that I was VERY sensitive to any gluten during pregnacny)  This was
concerning to me, I thought I must be eating hidden gluten.    Two weeks
later I  my baby died in utero and I delivered him.  Looking back, I
realize I was eating alot of corn products.  I foolishly assumed that
corn was safe, but now I am finding more info that it can be
contamintated (by gluten) in many ways.  I wonder though, if I could
simply have become allergic to corn from eating so much.  I stopped
eating the corn and the sympoms improved, but did not go away.  Then I
noticed that potato products were bothering me as well in the same
manner.  Now rice seems to be having the same effect.  I am at my
breaking point!  I am running out of foods to eat, I am fighting
depression about the loss of my baby, and I can no longer think my way
out of this alone.  I now realize the importance of a rotation diet, but
I am having trouble figuring this all out on my own.  I am so
discouraged.   I am crying  several times a day.  I also suspect I have
a yeast intolerance.  Any advice is welcome.

I have not been diagnosed.  I have been to 4 doctors who told me I'm
crazy and 1 doctor who told me I'm not crazy, however I can't afford the
testing.  I have spent about $3000 at this point already and still have
no diagnosis.  It is so frustrating.  I am waiting test results from
enterolab for my 2 year old daughter who I strongly suspect has Celiac
Disease.  While I am VERY grateful that Dr. Fine offers such reasonably
low prices, I can only afford hers at this time.  I feel if she has it,
I must as well, since I have symptoms that improve on the GF diet.  I
feel I must be dealing with additional allergies or intolerances here,
but am lost as to how to figure it all out.  I am anxious to get this
under control so I can try again to become pregnant.

Thanks for your time,
April