From:
Nina Gilmore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Dec 2001 05:20:46 -0800

Howdy List,

unfortunately, I think my first summary email disappeared. Not sure where, but
I sent it over a day ago and it hasn't made its way to the list yet.

In the interim, thanks for your replies and here is a quick overview of what I
learned:

1. Lundberg Organic Ricecakes got the highest votes for taste and texture. They
are pricey but have been guaranteed GF, and -except for the tamari flavour- are
popular across the board with folks.

2. Lifestream Ricecakes were recommended once, but are apparently not available
in all locations.

3. Quaker Ricecakes (minis and regular) apparently are produced with no gluten
containing equipment, but they are on shared equipment with (you guessed it)
oats. Nevertheless, they got 3 recommendations.

4. Orville Redenbacher cakes were recommended once. Apparently GF.

5. Pathmark Ricecakes got one vote.

6. Mother's Ricecakes got one vote. No guarantees on GF, though, as they're
produced by Quaker. (personally, i wrote my email message asking about
ricecakes after i spent an evening quite ill following ingestion of these
ricecakes.)

7. Lundgren Ricecakes got one vote. Could this be a typo, and the sender really
meant Lundberg? I don't know.

Your replies were great! Thanks to all!

Nina in MA