Date:
Sun, 24 Aug 2003 20:24:55 EDT

Hi,

   Earlier in the evening we went out with another couple for dinner. We were
quite restricted as to where we could eat as I have CD, and they are
vegetarian.

   We decided on an upscale Chinese restaurant nearby. I didn't call ahead,
but I brought my bottle of wheat-free soy sauce with me.

   I asked the waiter if they could prepare the dish that I wanted with my
own soy sauce. He asked the manager, came back, and told me that the kitchen is
just too busy to cook me my own food.

   I asked to speak personally with the manager. The manager told me it's
illegal to have them cook food with my own soy sauce. This is a new one on me.

   Since I have been on the diet, I have found many restaurants to be most
accommodating, to the point where they bend over backwards for me.  I was quite
disappointed, and it put a damper on my evening, but I guess sometimes we have
to expect that not everyone is so accommodating. This place was just
interested in volume, not really helping out the customers.

   It's amazing how a bit of courtesy and concern, goes a long way. I won't
be going back to this restaurant any time soon.

   Enjoy the week,
   Amy Kravitz, NJ, [log in to unmask]