From:
Steepers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 May 1998 08:33:20 -0700

Hi Fellow List Members,
   It's me again needing advice. I am biopsy diagnosed and also have an
Uncle who was diagnosed this year. I have 3 kids. My 2 girls have been
having symptoms ....cramps and diarrhea. The oldest is 20 y.o. and I figure
she is an adult now and can make her own decisions. The youngest is 9. Over
the last 6 months she has been having frequent belly aches and the runs. We
have watched her closely and found gluten is definitely a factor. She had
all 3 antibodies checked at the Children's Hospital lab in Vancouver and
they came back negative. In the meantime we had put her mostly gf which she
did quite willingly. Now we are at a loss. My husband would like to just
keep her gf as she does so much better. To get her biopsied we would have
to take her to Vancouver.....the nearest Children's hospital for testing as
they don't biopsy children in our little hospital. I would also like to
just put her on the diet ...and she has agreed to that feeling herself that
she gets sick when she gets into bread and pizza etc........but worry about
her teen years.
   What have other parents that have CD done with children that have
symptoms? Money is not an issue as we have a good medical plan. It's more
the travelling and invasive procedure to a little girl ...you know what I
mean. Any advice would be appreciated. I worry about her growth, absorption
etc.
  Thanks in advance. You people have been a wealth of information and
advice that I treasure!
Dianne in BC