From:
Ginny Mingolla <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ginny Mingolla <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 May 2010 19:50:21 -0700

I know we should reply to the person sending the message.  I am sending this to the list because I am curious to see what others think about this.

I went to www.glutenfreehelp.info as advised by a poster and I have to be honest with you.  I don't agree with what they are saying.  Celiac is a gluten intolerance.  By saying someone has a gluten intolerance and not celiac is very confusing.  How can someone be intolerant to a "group" of foods if it is not celiac?

My biopsy was read by different doctors and I got different opinions of the results. I think this happens to a lot of people.  I went on to see other Gastroenterologists because of the confusion that these doctors created for me.  I was finally told "it did not matter what my biopsy results were" because I had all the symptoms and a mother with DH.

I am sending this to the list because maybe I am wrong.  I would like the opinion of others.  Do you feel a person could be "gluten intolerant" without having celiac?

Ginny Mingolla
Helmetta, New Jersey