From:
Nancy Mikulich <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nancy Mikulich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Aug 2002 10:21:22 -0500

I can not take the self serving bickering anymore.  As a dx'd celiac, and
member of GIG and CDF I am appaulled at this attitude.  It is
misrepresenting the needs and safety of this community, and, frankly,
jeopardizes the potential opportunities we have for getting appropriate
food labeling legislation.  How egotistical of ALL of foundations and their
boards for such self serving ways.

My question is this.  Why should you think that we are any dfferent or
special than any other group of health compromised individuals.  Every
other group is capable of effectively speaking with a unified voice, so why
does not the Celiac community?

At this rate, we sound like a bunch of disorganized, whiners, losers, and
imbeciles.

Thanks for this year's tax deduction, but I think that next year, I will
look toward lending my support elsewhere such as the Food
Allergy/Intolerance groups, or, at least, think 3 times before sending my
hard earned dollars to any group who have, frankly, breeched my trust and
faith in properly representing our needs and concerns.  When the
legislation fails to pass, I'll say to you all,

Thanks a lot.