From:
Hot Head <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 21 Jun 2008 18:29:05 -0400

I had written the list some time back, asking if anyone regularly
used NOW Foods rice flour with or without any problem.

I was amazed, with the thousands of people on this list, I got ZERO
response from anyone who has used it.  I'm actually not quite sure
what that says!

I am very sure I've had a reaction to it (bad) in the past, and had
some cookies recently where NOW flour was used, and I got very ill
again.  I've called the company in the past, and was told that they
process "100% Gluten Wheat Flour" (not just wheat flour, but the
gluten portion) on the same lines -- which can't be very good.  On
the other hand, I'm told that NOW Foods rice flour is "great" for
baking.  So, if there's anyone out there who didn't respond, but you
have used it -- please do let me know.

ALSO ... has anyone used Goya brand rice flour (also apparently known
to be "great for baking")?  On their web site, they do state that it
is GF, but could be exposed to cross-contamination.

PLEASE -- I am not asking for opinions about whether or not one
should use flours with possibility of CC.  This is something each
person has to decide for themselves.

I am asking if anyone has actually personally experienced any
cross-contamination problems specifically with Goya or NOW non-gluten
flours.

Thank you!!

*******
*******