From:
"S. Christie" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Oct 1997 11:33:19 -0400

It has been about two months on a GF diet with some accidents and some
'grandma' problems but this week he started giving up consistently firm bowel
movements.  Now I suspect he is even constipated.  I am very excited about it
and think that the GF diet is undoubtedly working.

I bought the GF food list from CSA/USA and it has made shopping easier.

I am planning to get the blood test for myself as I suspect both kids got
this from me, (different dads) and I have anemia that doesn't treat by any
other means than shots.  Then maybe I wont have to take the little guy off
the GF diet.  We can assume he is Celiac.  My daughter, 14, had symptoms
until age 8 or 9, now she just gets symptoms on obvious gluten overload days,
she is not GF so maybe she can have the blood tests with me.  I know, some of
you think we should all be biopsied, I think it is invasive and have real
problems with the idea if other tests might work.  Also, I have Managed Care,
Managed Chaos.

Anyway, thanks for being there and letting me share our milestone with you.

The results of my nursing mom question are still coming in and next week
after my business meetings are over, I will summarize them.

S. Christie