From:
David Nelson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Aug 1996 10:42:10 -0500

Here are some of my feelings on fast food restaurants and our diet.

I do not like fast foods chains because I like to eat healthy food.  My
GF diet has heightened my awareness of what I eat, and now, about a year
into the diet, I am eating very well.  This feels GREAT!!!

BUT

There are times when I do not have much time, need to eat on the run, am
traveling and arrive in a city after midnight, or just want something FUN.
 At these times I really wish I could pull into whichever fast food place
is the closest and get something.

I understand the comments that we should just eliminate these places from
consideration.  For me, that line of thinking is too restrictive and
unrealistic.  I want to be gentle enough on myself to have lots of feelings
and to give myself lots of options.  If I am in the mood where I just want
to play and not be to damn serious, I would like to know what fast food
will help me do this.  And I am writing as a 39 year-old college professor.
 My points are all the more important to children and their parents.

I do not want to make McDonald's a staple of my eating, but if I can
ascertain which fast foods are GF, then that is great knowledge for me to
have.

Dave Nelson
New Orleans