From:
Linda R Etherton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Nov 2000 11:07:29 -0500

Dear List,

This question is for those of you who have allergic type reactions to
gluten.  I get a headache every time I go into a store with a bakery.  I
also often get sinus congestion and a sore/tight throat from airborne
gluten and accidentally ingesting gluten.  (This is not a complete list
of my symptoms, just the ones I'm addressing.)

Have you found anything that helps relieve these symptoms?  I tried a
small amount of Benadryl which didn't help, but made me very sleepy and
fuzzy minded.  I've never been one to get headaches often, so I'm
especially interested in what helps those the most.  Also, being a new
celiac, I've been consumed with trying to figure out what foods to eat
and have not looked into medications so please be specific in any you
recommend (brand and form).  Thank you.

Linda in Maryland