From:
MRS CAROLLEE HAYWARD <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Dec 1995 16:28:29 EST

I'm also one of those that did not have a lot of the pre-diet symptoms,
but I definitely knew that "something" wasn't right.  I was tired and
bloated all the time with pain so bad that I would double over.  But
that wasn't very often since I have never been a wheat eater since
childhood when I would throw away the bread from the sandwiches my mom
would make for me and eat the insides only.  Never liked cake, pies,
pizza, pasta, etc.  It only took 48 years to be diagnosed but I feel
that my body was telling me what not to eat.  As an adult I stuck with
fresh veggies, fruit and low fat meats so it wasn't very often that I
got sick.  I remember refusing to believe the doctor when he suggested
I had a problem with bread;  what bread?

Now, however, is a different story, after 5 years GF, if I have the
least little bit accidental, I react within 15 to 30 minutes.  First
symptom is I instinctively start to rub my stomach just below my
waistline, then I usually try to find the closest rest room.  So things
do change.

Quick comment on the UTI thread, I didn't realize till this started
that I no longer get UTI's which I had every 3-4 months.  I just
assumed it was because I was on hormone replacement.  Interesting
association.