From:
Robert Chappell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Nov 2000 11:18:22 -0600

Hello all,

My mother was diagnosed a few months ago, and just recently learned about
the hereditary nature of CD.  So I got my blood test results back
Monday...moderate to strong positive. I have an appointment with my doctor
next Tuesday and, I assume, a biopsy sometime shortly thereafter.

I'm wondering (and I'll ask my doctor about this too) about my 10-month-old
daughter. Is it too early to test her? Would enough damage be done already
for a biopsy to indicate CD?  For those of you with CD kids, how old were
they when they were diagnosed?  Also, do any of you have some kids with CD
and some without?  (My son is adopted.)

Thanks much.  Have a great holiday!

Robert C.

Belmont, WI