From:
Debbie Forestello <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Debbie Forestello <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Apr 2002 16:06:56 -0500

Hi!  This is my first time to post a message.  I have just been diagnosed with Celiac Disease.  I'm learning the importance of verifying items are gluten free.  Here's my question:  I love Terra brand potatoe chips.  I e-mailed them requesting confirmation their products were gluten free and  no products other than potatoe chips were manufactured at their plant.  The response was that their potatoe chips were in fact gluten free.  However, "We do produce other chips, which does contain gluten ingredients.  I can assure you after each run of our different varieties, we do sanitize and sterilize our equipment where there would be no chances of cross contamination."  As a new Celiac, should I consider these chips "safe" to eat or is there a likelihood that cross contamination is still taking place since they do produce products containing gluten?  Thanks for any help/advice!  Debbie