From:
Paul Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Oct 1996 21:04:56 -0400

>Does anyone have any information regarding the advisability as to blood
>donation from Celiacs ?

Hi Larry....My path into a GF diet also started when I went to the Red Cross
clinic to donate blood, as I had many times over the years, and was told
that my iron was low. Went to my family doctor, then a GI, had some tests
including a biopsy which confirmed the need for a GF diet. Some months later
I talked to the Red Cross here in Toronto, Canada, re the advisability of
donating blood again, and was told that as long as my iron was back to
normal I could donate blood. The celiac problem is not a blood problem, and
I've now continued to donate.
Good Luck....Paul