Date:
Thu, 4 Sep 2003 11:12:31 EDT

       I want to warn all of you who have children with Celiac Disease that
you need to call the manufacturer about Children's Advil Suspension before
using it.  Here is my story. My 7 yr. old daughter with CD had a virus with fever
and headache symptoms.  Well, I knew Advil was on the safe list, so I gave her
it for almost 3 days. She was getting no relief from the headache and also
started vomiting. Last night I finally made the connection and called about the
Advil. I was giving her the Blue Rasberry flavor and was told by the
manufacturer that it is NOT gluten free.  The fruit flavor and grape flavor of the
Children's Advil Suspension ARE gluten free.  BUT, when I asked if I could post
this info to the listserv, I was told that I should just tell you all to call
the manufacturer because the ingredients change and need to be verified as
gluten free.  The number is on the box, but here it is anyway: 1-800-88-ADVIL.
       I think this could be another story to be used in the cause for better
labeling too.  My daughter is extremely sick and weak because of the lack of
components listed on the Children's Advil label.

Laurie