Date:
Sun, 15 Aug 1999 10:39:18 -0700

At 12:54 PM 8/15/1999 -0400, D. Resch wrote:

>I have been on this list for about 5 years and usually don't get  involved
>in controversial issues.  I have seen issues come and go.  Heated arguments
>fade eventually and people feel better that they at least have had the
>opportunity to vent their feelings in a supposedly understanding
>and  hopefully nonjudgemental forum.    Maybe I'm just a not feeling quite
>so tolerant today but Leigh, I must say that I personally feel that your
>post was insulting and unnecessary.  Yes, there are times when the topics
>get off track and maybe some posts have more objective value then
>others.  Yes, I do save the posts about gluten free products and recipes
>and I scan and sometimes delete the posts that I don't feel are relevant to
>me personally.  That's the nice thing about the DELETE key and as far as I
>know, most computers have them.

(cruelly cropped here)

Deb put that so well that I could add very little, but I might offer my
definition of a solipsist: One who grants no validity to anyone's
experiences other than their own. I have always worked hard to avoid
becoming this kind of person, especially as I age. And I might add that
Leigh started by complaining about all the "irrevalent" posts someone
else's topic had generated, and ironically his post generated even more
posts than the one under discussion.

 -vance

Don't sweat the petty things . . .
And don't pet the sweaty things.