Date:
Mon, 15 Nov 2004 21:52:06 EST
<<Disclaimer: Verify this information before applying it to your
situation.>>

Reminder, the Seattle Celiacs will meet tomorrow,

Tuesday Nov 16th, at Group Health Hospital in Redmond, just up from Sears.

The time is 7:00 P.M. to 9:00 P.M. It is casual and informal
(http://seattleceliacs.com/).

I am conflicted between the two topics:
1. How do we grade our performance? And
2. Nutritional Imbalance. Sooooo, maybe we can address both.

Many people, especially those newly diagnosed with Celiac disease, resist
joining a support group. They believe they can face their disease alone.
This
initial resistance fades as they come to know us.

A support group can be a vital link in your self-help education network. It
may help you and your loved ones:
- understand more about Celiac disease and the diet limitations,
- become aware of resources in the community,
- obtain referrals to healthcare professionals in our area,
- talk about concerns in a supportive environment,
- develop ways to deal with feelings,
- stay motivated to maintain the best quality of life possible,
- communicate more effectively with your healthcare team,
- learn about the latest developments in Celiac research and treatment,
- find practical ways of coping with everyday challenges.

We want you to join our support group and attend regularly.

T. Earl Ley, P.E.
phone (425) 717-6187
e-mail [log in to unmask]