From:
Alisa Yalan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Aug 1996 14:46:56 -0400

With all the talk on cosumption today - whether it be voluntary - or not - I
think the important issue here is "AWARENESS".  We are all unique individuals.
No two of us are totally alike when it comes to the nature of our bodies.
Some of us have severe reactions to even the minutest amount of gluten - others
 have milder reactions.  Whatever works for you - as an individual - is the
 rightapproach in todays society.
Realistically - we should all avoid gluten containing foods and products
completely  - If not - the end product can be quite ugly.  We are ultimately
responsible for our own helath and well being.  We cannot rely on other to do
 itfor us.  So - if you are highly sensitive - You must be totally conscious of
everything that you put in your mouth. It is hard to do - as we are humans -
 andnot robots.  If you can tolerate small amounts - then - you will be
 responsibe
for you feeling of "unwell".  Hey - people are still smoking today - even with
all the info available.   We have to be aware of the "evil enemy".  We need
to be avid label readers - serious researchers - and effective communicators
and educaters to make changes within the society.
         Lets stick together - and make good choices for ourselves.
                       Thanks.
 Alisa  -