From:
Donna Hemingson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 May 1999 14:01:11 -0400

Thankyou all for replying, about 15 of you, to my comment on thin
skin-Hopefully this is not a problem for all of you and perhaps it is more
so for us women past menopause with a certain genetic heritage of light
haired and fair skinned, althought I did not get physical descriptions from
people. Some gave suggestions on how to help damaged and sensitive skin
such as Keri oil  for the bath and skin and most shared their own thin skin
difficulties such as easily bruising, easily cut  and taking along time to
heal. Other comments included: get thyroid checked; is it the age?;
Dermablend for scars; isotonix vitamins for better absorbed vitamins and
mins; HRT(hormone replacement therapy) and check for rosacea; emu oil and
the need for essential fatty acid supplementation with reference to a book
"Fats that heal, Fats that kill " by Udo Erasmus. I, personally think it,
for me , has to do with years of malnutition and fatty acid imbalance, so I
am going to persue that route. Luckily, my skin is quite good from other
aspects- just very thin and can get "krinkly" as one other person
mentioned- at which point I conclude I am slightly dehydrated and maybe
even need more salt in my diet. *** its a drag being so self centered all
the time isn't it!  Take care and thanks to you all for your imput -
Donna in Pa