Date:
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 15:29:56 EST

Hi all,

I have just read the email about nexium.  At first I was relieved because
I now know why my husband has lost 30 pounds in the past six months.  He
has gone through physicals, endoscopy's, cat scans, biopsys and various
blood work only to be told that they couldn't find anything wrong with
him.  Guess when he started taking nexium, six months ago!

Upon further thought I got really angry.  I called astra before he started
taking nexium and they assured me that it was gluten free.  I spoke with them
today and they explained that they have changed suppliers and now have gluten
in their product!

I expressed my extreme dissatifaction and asked them how they in good
conscience could change suppliers and put out a product with known allergens
without notifying the public!  All I got were apologies and they offered to
research their suppliers.  I asked them to research their corporate policies
and let us know how this could happen.

I don't expect much from them ....I do have some suggestions though...

1. Boycott astra - it's probably in our best interest anyway

2. write your congressman and express your concerns about these types of
things happening using astra as an example.

3 Call astra on 800 236-9933 and express your concerns

I hope we can get these companies to become more responsible.

Jo