Date:
Fri, 9 Jan 2015 17:33:17 -0500

Hi Listmates,

I recently went for my 1 year endoscopy since going GF.  Admittedly, I don't have a lot of info since I was too doped up to ask questions.  But one thing that stood out was the doc told me it's obvious I have Celiac.

I'll get more biopsy information and talk to the doc next week, but here's what's going on.

I've had some symptoms that I had before going GF come back.  Like horrible stomach pain after eating.  Not to mention losing a few pounds.  Not a lot, though.

Yes, I know I'm 100% GF.  Even my blood work on my Celiac tests have come back in the normal range as recently as a month ago.

I've heard and read about Refractory Celiac and know it's rare.  Does anyone on this list have it? What can you tell me about it?

Additionally, in your case, how long before your villi healed? I know it can take weeks to years.  And again, I don't know if my villi have healed at all.  I'm awaiting word.  Just need some advice to help put my mind at ease.

Thanks, all.
Cathy
North Carolina
Diagnosed December 2013