From:
Anne Barfield <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Anne Barfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Aug 2006 15:39:25 -0500

A few days ago I posted to this list that I had just been told by the owner
of a new Stone Cold Creamery that all of their ice creams had gluten in
them, except for the lemon sorbet.  When I explained that this was not my
understanding from their website and from other celiacs, he telephoned his
regional supervisor to check on that while I waited.  Again, I was told that
lemon sorbet was the only safe thing for me.  I went home, checked the
website, and found that it still showed almost all the products to be gluten
free.

Because of this confusion, I called their corporate headquarters early the
next morning, where someone took down all my information and requests, and
assured me that they would get back to me as soon as possible.

Sergio, the owner of the new store near me here in San Antonio, has been
very nice and helpful as we waited to get the information from corporate.
He has just called me to assure me that the trainer was mistaken about the
gluten, and indeed most of the ice creams are gluten free.  The only three
that are not gf are  Cake Batter, Oatmeal Cookie, and Butter Pecan.  They do
have many mix-ins to add to your ice cream, and are well trained on how to
avoid cross contamination while doing this.

Please let the server know that you are gluten free, so that they will take
great care to use a clean scoop, and take all possible  precautions.  Go  to
Stone Cold Creamery and enjoy some ice cream over this Labor Day weekend.
Anne Barfield
www.chickenparadise.com
210 340-0648