Date:
Mon, 8 Sep 2003 15:59:25 -0600

Hello all,

I am new to this list and the mother of a 4 year old celiac child. My son
was diagnosed one and a half years ago, and we have experimented with eating
out at restaurants throughout this time, around the US. We reside in
Colorado Springs, Colorado and recently came across a restaurant (national
chain) that would not take his two slices of GF bread to the kitchen to make
a grilled cheese, citing laws that they are unable to do so. In all of this
past year and a half, I have never been told this in this state. Once in
Ohio, I had a woman tell me that they could not do so. I am under the
impression that this is a state to state law. Does anyone know where
Colorado stands with this? And do you know where to find written law
regarding this in CO? I've emailed the Dept. of Health here, but have thus
far, not received an email in return. Thanks for the help!

K. Rice