From:
"L.Shriver" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Jul 1998 20:11:27 -0500

Hello Everybody,

I am desperate for any recommendations you kind people might have. My Five
year old who has celiac sprue, accidentally ingested gluten. We went to a
cafe and asked the chef about gluten free dinner, we were assured it was
gluten free, it was not and we are both sick.  I am doing ok, but her
little tummy is as hard as a rock, she is bloated and having trouble going
to the bathroom. I took her to the Dr and they said that they wanted her to
take mineral oil, twice a day.  What I am writing for is does anyone know
of anything special for a five year old to make her more comfortable. I
have never seen her this ill, and lord knows I seem her ill. I usually take
Metamucil, but did not know if it was safe for a five year old. I would
appreciate any advice.

Thank you all and God Bless,
Lucy Shriver

P.S. I am not sure the mineral oil will work to make her go to the
bathroom, she keeps spitting it out, saying it is poison.