Date:
Tue, 5 Jul 2005 08:33:37 -0700

I developed osteoporosis and assume that it was a result of CD since I am
male. My doctor prescribed Fosamax around the same time that I went GF in
March, 2004. A recent bone scan showed that my bone density has improved. My
question is this, after being diagnosed with osteoporosis, have any of you
had an increase in bone density just from the GF diet without the aid of
Fosamax or similar drug. More to the point perhaps, have any of you had your
doctor recommend discontinuing Fosamax or similar drug after  finding an
increase in bone density on the GF diet. Could it be that taking Fosamax
long term is not necessary for men once their nutrient absorption has become
normal. I would be interested  in getting references to any research papers
on this topic.

Thanks