Date:
Mon, 28 Oct 1996 09:51:01 -0800

I am responding to Jane's comments on "encouragement" because we all need
to hear that.   I think it is VERY IMPORTANT that no matter how long we
have been GF, that we not forget what newer ones on the list might be
going through.  This was a good reminder of the struggles others might be
experiencing and at the same time, it gives them HOPE AND EXCITEMENT that
"it's coming--be patient and hang in there."  Jane, the other thing your
comments brought to light again is how IMPORTANT THIS GROUP IS.  I don't
know about most of you, but I know my family doesn't totally understand.

I was diagnosed a little over a year ago, and I wasn't one to have
gotten so terribly ill with this but certainly didn't feel good.
However, to my family I remained that "super Mom" who was to keep going,
and how I felt wasn't the question of the day.  It still isn't.  No, I am
not one who needs TLC all day, but it would feel good if they wondered
once in a while how I am feeling, etc.  Perhaps I was reminded again on
Father's Day when our adult daughter and her friend brought pizza for
Father's Day.  They all sat and ate it, enjoying every bite.  I watched
for a while and then went and thawed something out of the freezer so I,
too, would have something to eat.  Nothing was ever said.  Lack of
feelings on her part--I believe so--but I can tell you that this list
group is what helps me hang in there and know that someone understands.

I say "ditto" to Jane's comments to you newer diagnosed with Celiac.  You
will feel better and we do understand.  We are here for you.

To you Jane--keep singing, dancing, etc.  WE ARE GLAD YOU FEEL SO GOOD
AND GLAD YOU SHARED IT!  - Sharon in KS